Social Media Marketing
Social Media Marketing or SMM is the form of internet marketing in which social networking websites are used as a medium of marketing. Focusing on establishing identity, content is produced and shared on social media to reach a wide range of customers.
In other words, Social Media Marketing is a way through which businesses interact with target markets by sharing information, updates, messages, and by joining groups on social media. The social media platforms that are included in SMO are Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google Plus+, Tumblr and many more.
Goals of Social Media Marketing:
- To establish a social presence of the business by connecting with existing and potential customers, employees, bloggers, and the general audience
- To increase brand awareness and to drive more traffic to a site
- To increase sales of products and services and to increase the number of referrals
- To generate Word-of-Mouth marketing
- To create and share information or updates about products or services
- To gather quality feedback
Benefits of Social Media Marketing:
- It widens the reach of the information businesses want to share
- Content shared by someone known enhances the trust in the recipient and thus it creates credibility for the brand