Frequently asked questions for conducting effective email marketing campaigns answered
Table of contents
- What are the advantages of email marketing?
- What are the strategies to engage customers and inspire them to take action?
- What are the perfect days to send emails to my audience?
- What is the correct time to run email campaigns?
- Is it necessary to send personalized email?
- What is the best email format?
- How to maintain the list quality?
- Why is it a must to write catchy subject line?
Today Email Marketing has become the most cost effective medium for many companies to reach and engage their consumers. Hence, if you are thinking that conducting an email marketing campaign is an easy task then you are absolutely wrong, because running an effective email marketing campaign requires a lot of efforts and right tactics that can help to generate leads and maximize profits. So, this ebook will guide you with some information’s that can help you to conduct an effective email marketing campaign.
What are the advantages of email marketing?
- Email is budget friendly: Advertising options like banner ads, print advertising and telemarketing are quite expensive as compared to email which is far less expensive on a cost-per-contact basis.
- Quick response cycles are created by email: In the majority of cases Email reduces response times down from as much as six to eight weeks for direct mail to as little as 48 hours.
- Email has immense reach: Today email is considered as the most widely used aspect of the internet because it is part of many individual’s regular routine. Moreover, it is a communication channel with an extremely large audience that facilitates recipients to act on messages instantly.
- Results of Email Marketing Campaigns are Measurable: With the usage of software designed to record responses or sales that are attributable to email marketing efforts Email marketing campaign results can be measured.
- Web site traffic and Registration are driven by email: Email is the most efficient way of driving people to your Web site, as links fixed within messages can swiftly direct consumers to your site. This Website traffic can in turn lead to increased Web site registration.
- Email builds customer relationships and enhances brand awareness: Email builds up an interactive connection with consumers/clients and nurtures long-lasting relationships with them. Email messages that are regularly delivered with proper subject lines and company logos can reinforce brand and product awareness.
- Email can be customized: When email lists work jointly with consumer databases, even big campaigns can be modified so that messages include specific consumer data.
Email saves both time and money: Email marketing campaign administration is proficient and saves both time and money than traditional direct marketing.
- Email is easy to execute and requires limited resources: With only minimal software, hardware and personnel investments Email campaigns can be implemented and executed quickly.
What are the strategies to engage customers and inspire them to take action?
- Describe yourself: It is always advisable to tell the recipient who you are and why you are contacting them, because if your customers do not recognize you, your email newsletters will mostly go unopened, in spite of the offer that you are providing them. Remember that people often forget what they have subscribed to, so you must add a little bit of text at the top to customize “ You are receiving this email because …”or else you may end –up with spam complaints.
- Keep it precise: A brief, catchy subject line followed by short declarative sentences creates the probability of readers opening your email. Last year it was discovered by “Mailer Mailer” that shorter subject lines with 4- 15 characters had the highest average open rate.
- Create appealing visuals: In-order to attract your customers visually, you must take the help of email service providers who provide beautiful templates and also has the ability to customize the HTML to form exactly the look and feel you want. Keep the size of the images small, when adding them otherwise you may risk having them blocked. Another important thing you must consider including is the ‘alt text’, that appears when images are loaded in an email.
- Develop faith: In order to develop trustworthiness you must highlight in your sign-up form exactly what a subscriber can expect and the frequency of your newsletter. Moreover, keep your message instructive, appropriate and timely. This regular communication via newsletter is sure to solidify the bond between you and your subscriber.
- Divide your list: Your email newsletter is most likely to serve more than one purpose. So, you must not stuff in all instructive information with event reminders and end up with a postscript inviting your subscribers to take a survey. For B2B companies you must differentiate at a minimum between prospects and consumers because they are at a different stage in the buying cycle, one need to be fostered and the other represents a possible up sell. You can do the same for B2C; moreover, you can identify your top consumers and offer loyalty incentives. For B2B this may be a little trickier. However, you must modify your messages accordingly.
- Offer a clear call to action: If you’ve done all of the above, it’s a simple step to “ask for the order.” Whether it’s a simple request to click through to read a blog post, watch a video demo or share on social networks, make the desired action simple and clear. The CTA isn’t always “buy now.”
What are the perfect days to send emails to my audience?
- As most of the B2B customers have weekends off, so it’s advisable to send emails to them during the weekdays mainly Thursday is considered ideal to send emails.
- For B2C, you must send the emails on evenings and weekends.
What is the correct time to run email campaigns?
- Before sending emails it is a must to check the time zones of your prospects.
- Emails sent to B2B customers between 10:30 am and 3:30 pm have yielded good results.
Is it necessary to send personalized email?
- Personalized emails are more likely to grab attention as everyone in this vast business world likes to be addressed personally.
- Keep in mind that business professionals receive several emails in a day, moreover they don’t have time to go through each email, and so generalized emails usually remain unnoticed.
What is the best email format?
- A well designed html that can be downloaded easily can boost response rates than plain texts.
- Heavy graphics should be avoided as it takes too much time to get downloaded and irritates the reader.
- Use smaller images that can be effortlessly downloaded, so that your message gets delivered quickly to the readers.
How to maintain the list quality?
- Purchase or rent lists from reputed list vendors who offer the most updated marketing databases.
- Based on your precise target requirements, you must properly segment the list.
Why is it a must to write catchy subject line?
- Your subject line should be short and interesting to entice the readers to open and go through the mail. Emails with uninteresting subject lines are generally avoided by the recipients.