Search Engine Optimization, also known as SEO is the process of using techniques or strategies for getting high ranking in the search results of a search engine to increase traffic for the websites. Google, Yahoo, Bing are a few examples of the search engines.
You can consider SEO as a framework because it includes the set of rules, stages and also controls.
Main Stages of SEO
To simplify the task of SEO, we can break it into two main scenes:
– On-Site SEO: The Set of rules to apply on your website to make it search engine friendly.
– Off-Site SEO: It includes the steps taken to promote your site or contents in the blog to rank it better in the search results.
Importance of SEO in Business:
– Gives more visibility for your product
– Helps in branding
– Create credibility in the minds of the customers
– Easy exposure to the audience
– Regulate the traffic in the right direction
– High Return-On-Investment (ROI)
– You can stay ahead of competitors
– Cost-Effective approach
– Focus on interested audience
– Understand the customer behavior pattern
An Overview of SEO Strategies:
– Know your target audience
– Build SEO-friendly website
– Keyword Research
– Find the opportunities
– Understand the competitors
– Utilize social networks
– Create quality links
– Include meta-tags
– Use other optimization techniques