It’s quite surprising to know that email marketing is sure to go a long way as few email marketing statistics of 2014 reveals the lasting power of email. This statistical record proves that email is still an influential tool in the hands of those people who actually know how to utilize it. So, it’s time to make sure that your email communications are appropriate, private and extremely targeted, in order to take benefit of the constant growth of email and mobile usage across the world. Below listed are a few statistics, knowing which you might get a few ideas about how to better captivate your clients/ prospects.
1. Mushrooming email accounts: The number of worldwide email accounts is expected to increase from over 4.1 billion accounts in 2014 to more than 5.2 billion accounts by the end of 2018, reveals the Radicati group.
2. Rising number of email users: There is 12 % growth in the number of email users, predicts the Radicati group, the report says that the total number of global email users, with both business and consumer users, will amplify from above 2.5 billion in 2014 to above 2.8 billion in 2018.
3. A lot of that volume is created by mobile: According to Forrester, a massive 72% of US online adults send or receive personal emails through Smartphone on a weekly basis.
4. And it is not only US: On mobile usage, recent figures from eMarketer reveal that by 2014 end, 1.76 individuals globally will posses and utilize Smartphones every month, which is 25% more than 2013.
5. At times it seems like half of the emails are in your Inbox: Every hour 122,500,453,020 emails are sent reports MarketingProfs .
6. Marketers keep striking send but here is a reason: According to the findings of McKinsey & Company, email is approximately 40 times better at acquiring new customers than popular social networking sites Facebook and Twitter.
7. Even in the face of social media, it’s strong: 66% of marketers rate email’s capability to convey ROI as ‘excellen’ or ‘good, whereas only 41% feels so about social media marketing demonstrated Econsultancy report.
8. In-fact people like targeted email: Actually, people like emails based on previous shopping activities and preferences, reveals a survey performed by Harris Interactive. During the survey, 81% of US digital shoppers opined that they were at least to some extent, probable to make extra purchases, either online or from a store, as an outcome of targeted emails.
9. Besides Email generates new leads: A study conducted by circle research found that 42 % of businesses claim that email is one of their most effective lead generation channels. Moreover, 88% of B2B marketers mention email as their most effective lead generation strategy.
10. It brings great returns: 94% returns on investment are seen by companies sending over 100,000 emails per month, demonstrates Marketing Sherpa. The study also found out that those businesses delivering 100,000 emails per month witness a 139% return on investment.
Email marketing services are the right platform for businesses to use and send messages to those who have signed up to get them. This can enable a lot higher conversion rates as a business is only targeting those individuals, who already have an interest in their brand name. Furthermore, in order to make your marketing campaign more effective you need targeted business mailing lists to reach the right prospect.