- November 15, 2018
- Posted by: Robert Duke
- Category: infographics
The continuously increasing demand for marketing gives an extra boost to Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday sales in almost every part of the globe. The companies start discounts on their product earlier and extend them throughout December. This holiday season works like a charm for every industry. To know more about it, go through the Infographic contents of the holiday season shared below.
What is it?
Thanksgiving Day is celebrated as giving thanks for the blessing of the harvest. It is the national holiday in the United States.
Black Friday is also known as “The Day After Thanksgiving”. It is considered as the first day of Christmas shopping in the United states.
Cyber Monday is one of the biggest online shopping days of the year. It is a term used by marketing companies for the Monday after Thanksgiving holiday.
When is it?
Thanksgiving Day – 22 November
Black Friday – 23 November
Cyber Monday – 26 November
How big is it? (Source: joint National Retail Federation and Prosper Insights & Analytics survey)
- More than 64 million Americans purchased goods both online and in physical stores on this holiday season.
- Approximately 58 million consumers chose to do online shopping online.
- Roughly 51 million chose physical stores only.
- With 77 million shoppers, Black Friday saw the biggest sale in physical stores.
It keeps growing every year!!
Where does all your money go?
- Gaming Products
- Home Appliances
Show me now! (Source: Adobe Analytics)
- $19.62 billion was spent by American consumers between November 23 and November 27 of 2017.
- $2.6 billion and 15% more than 2016.
- On Thanksgiving Day, the online purchases saw a growth of 18.3% to $2.87 billion over last year.
- $5.03 billion money was spent online only on Black Friday with an increase of 16.9% compared to last year.
- $6.59 billion was spent on Cyber Monday by American consumers online with an increase of 16.8%.
The forecast looks really bright! (Source: Practical Ecommerce)
- Mobile sales will be 52% of total in 2018
- You will see 37% of total holiday retail sales from November 22 to December 1
- Around 3% of purchases will happen via voice shopping
- More than 50% of orders will have free shipping this year
What can you do?
- Research Product Ideas
- Track your competitors
- Come up with the finest offers
- Find the best key words for your offers
- Provide mobile friendly experience