- January 5, 2022
- Posted by: Robert Duke
- Category: Articles
Given how pervasive marketing has grown in today’s consumerist society, one would think that every company, irrespective of size, would have top-notch marketing strategies in place.
Surprisingly, almost one out of every ten small businesses do not consider investing in any marketing at all.
It is a well-known fact that marketing has its advantages. Having a good marketing strategy in place results in increased revenue, better lead conversion, customer base expansion, and brand awareness, among many other things.
Considering the nature of the market, small businesses must do something different to be viable.
Here is a list of excellent marketing ideas for small business enterprises that are effective and inexpensive.
7 Foolproof Marketing Ideas For Small Businesses
Handling a personal venture is always incredibly resource-consuming and tiresome, regardless of size and stature. However, adopting specific strategies can significantly reduce that burden from certain areas of operations.
Read ahead for the best marketing ideas for small businesses.
1. Get Customers to Write Online Reviews
According to studies, more than 80% of people conduct extensive web research before making purchasing decisions. If the small business has been in operation for a while, they can request devoted customers or clients to submit online evaluations about their products or services.
Alternatively, businesses might implement a review scheme that incentivizes the consumers to leave a review. The reward might be anything from gift cards, vouchers, promo codes, and even credits.
2. Involve Friends and Family
Friends and relatives are a terrific source of guidance in addition to being a fantastic, free resource for creating a brand.
Provide them with business cards, flyers, and any other promotional material that they may require to advertise the company to the people they interact and deal with daily.
It’s an effective and inexpensive approach to broaden the business network and introduce the brand to those who might not have been aware of it otherwise.
3. Invest in Creating a Website
A website is necessary for any business, no matter how small. Leverage the services of a website designer and communicate the business’s ideas with them. Here are a few recommendations to get started on the website:
- Ensure that everything on the website is SEO-friendly
- Pay attention to the style and layout – build alternative versions for PC and mobile applications
- Consistency is important; therefore, all web pages need to be updated regularly
- Even small businesses with websites commit one major mistake: more than 45% of them do not track their site’s ROI – ROIs can provide valuable insights into areas where a business can improve; therefore, it is essential to monitor them and make any necessary tweaks consistently
4. Harness the Potential of Social Media
96% of small businesses with marketing strategies are strong supporters of social media marketing. When done correctly, companies can expect high returns on a small investment. Here are a few ways to establish a good social media strategy.
- Advertise across multiple platforms
- Create profiles per the brand’s mission and vision
- Develop a branded hashtag to begin engaging conversations with the target demographic
- Include backlinks to the website and its product or service pages to increase traffic
- Using social media would also require the creation of a social media marketing schedule to maintain consistency and remain on top of things
5. Tell a Story
Marketing is about striking a chord with the audience, and an efficient way to do that is by telling a story.
- Narrate the story of how the company came to be. The business can use images, videos, and emotional language to connect with the audience.
- Hire copywriters to write product and service descriptions authored in the form of a story. Unlike any other strategy, stories always find success because they can express the business’s values and purpose.
- Even research supports this point of view: organizations that can effectively communicate their values outperform those that cannot by 750 times. Hence, telling a story is often the most popularly employed out of the various marketing ideas for small business ventures.
6. Incentivizing the Niche
If the business excels at something or has a truly exceptional product, it needs promotion. It is crucial to develop a niche and market from there. For example, a small business can develop extensive long-form material and distribute it to their customers.
Moreover, they can also create guest posts for niche-specific publications and websites to establish their credibility.
An excellent example would be Lefty’s: The Left Hand Store who recognized that most products on the market overwhelmingly favor right-handed customers. They decided to sell products specifically created to fulfill the demands of the often-ignored left-handers.
7. Giving Back to the Community
It is often the most discussed out of all marketing ideas for small business with a purpose.
83% of millennials prefer to buy from companies that support a worthy cause.
Considering that eradicating hunger is a top priority for a business, they can organize a fundraiser for the cause by selling some of their finest goods. They can then use the earnings to buy food parcels and distribute them to the homeless and needy in the area where the business is located.
That will not only make a social impact but will also establish a favorable brand image. Eventually, all of this will be beneficial in the long run.
These marketing ideas for small business enterprises can make a significant difference when implemented into a marketing strategy. In addition, a company might use other forms of marketing in tandem with these techniques.
Most importantly, connect with the audience and explain why they should buy an item or sign up for the business’ services.
Businesses can also engage in online communities or forums and use the available space to market their small business.
A company that employs these techniques is sure to enjoy favorable outcomes.