The average human attention span has drastically reduced in today’s modernized era, meaning you have only a little time to drive a prospective customer’s attention. Fortunately, visuals help you in this area. It lets you get your messages across in ways that impact the audience quickly and help them recall the details later.
In fact, visuals are processed 60,000 times faster than any plain text in our brains. Therefore, visual storytelling plays a critical role in businesses of every type, especially in B2B. If your brand takes full advantage of this approach, you will more likely be able to catch the prospective client’s attention and keep them interested.
The following Infographic explains the importance of B2B visual storytelling and its impact on the customers. Please have a look at it.
People do not read, they simply skim
- 79% of the audience scan the given webpage.
- They read only about 10% of the text.
- Only 16% of the people read word-by-word.
- Users spend only 4.4 seconds more for each extra 100 words.
- They read 50% of the text only on those pages with 111 words or less.
Why people choose stories over plain text?
- Our brain processes the visuals 60,000 times faster than text.
- 90% of the information transmitted to the human brain is visual.
- 70% of human sensory receptors are in the eyes.
- Visuals are proven to improve learning by up to 400%.
- 65% of the human population are visual learners.
- People remember 80% of what they see and 20% of what they read.
Data + Story = Satisfaction of both left and right human brain
Importance of storytelling for businesses
- It has the power to increase the value of a product or service by 20 times.
- Content with story and video is 50 times more likely to be on the 1st page of Google.
- Search for Infographic has increased 25 times for the last 5 years.
- Visuals such as videos upsurge web traffic by 41% than non-visuals.
- 37% of marketers agree visual marketing is the most critical form of content.
“Today, if you want to succeed as an entrepreneur or leader, you also have to be a storyteller.” ~ Richard Branson
Storytelling in Your Content and Social Media Strategy
- Articles containing a single image is capable of garnering 94% more views.
- A press release with a photo and a video increases views by over 45%.
- Beyond 50% of all B2B writers are planning to create more visual content.
- 65% of subscribers prefer emails with multiple images compared to 35% who prefer only text.
- Facebook has a 37% higher level of engagement for photos over text.
- Twitter posts with images witness an increase in retweets by 68% and favorites by 74%.
- LinkedIn posts with an image increases the likelihood of comment rate by 98%.
- 75% of viewers will visit a company’s website after watching a brand’s video.
“Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make but about the stories you tell.” ~ Seth Godin
Use storytelling to stay unforgettable in the sea of sameness
- Wrap your message into a story that provokes an emotional response.
- Answer the questions that your customers truly need from you.
- Think about the feelings, values, and ideas you can deliver to the audience.
- Ensure your brand has a soul that makes it human and transform other’s lives.
- People want to connect with the truth. So, be transparent and real.
- Lastly, make your story their story!
“Give them visual experiences to remember, not a pile of plain text.”
Source: Nielsen Norman Group, SSRN Research Paper, Forrester Research, Significant Objects, 3M Visual Systems, New Yorker, Study.com, Adélie Studios, Wikipedia, HubSpot, DSIM Study, CMI Report