It’s 2022, and email marketing is still on top of all other marketing channels. In fact, a certain survey states that 93% of B2B marketers leverage email marketing as their primary digital marketing channel.
To put things into perspective, 333.2 billion emails are being sent out daily, even in 2022. So, you must pay close attention to your email marketing efforts since it can significantly help you grow your ROI.
Although, a lot of novice marketers believe that email marketing is now outdated and don’t pay much heed to it. This is a critical error since 86% of professionals offer priority to communication through email.
Hence, you must ensure that your email marketing strategy is air-tight, error free, and ready to impress. To help you with just that, here is a 10-point checklist you can follow to practice efficient and error-free email marketing.
The 10-Point Checklist for an Error-Free Email Marketing Campaign
With more than 4.3 billion daily email users globally, making zero errors with your email marketing strategy is vital. Hence, here is a 10-point checklist you need to maintain to boost your campaign efforts significantly.
1. Purge Your Contact List of Irrelevant Contacts
- Get rid of all contacts that haven’t agreed to receive your emails(non-opt-in contacts) and incorrect email addresses.
- Helps in practicing targeted marketing.
- Keeps you away from wastage of resources.
2. Prime Your List
- Filter out your email list to retain people you want to keep sending emails to.
- Try producing personalized content for different sections of your subscriber list.
3. Set Your Goals
- Setting your marketing goals helps figure out what value you can provide to your customers.
- Add a call-to-action (CTA) in your email.
- Do not include multiple CTAs, or you might overwhelm your customers.
4. Work on Your Copy
- Keep your email minimal and short.
- But make sure you provide the maximum possible value to the customer despite the size of your mail.
- Don’t draft an email that is too simple and suck the soul out of it.
- Learn to strike the perfect balance.
5. Use Visually Appealing Design Practices
- Catch your customer’s eye using good visuals.
- Make use of various design tools like Canva to create an appealing design.
- This will boost the user’s interest in your mail.
6. Work on Your Subject Line and Package the Email for Maximum Opens
- Work on an attractive subject line to grab their attention in the first read.
- A good subject line will boost the click-through rate.
- Your customers will appreciate it if you address them as valued individuals.
- Personalize your emails around the likes and dislikes of your customers to make them feel valued.
8. Keep an Eye Out for the Bounce Rate
- Monitor your bounce rate regularly.
- The bounce rate determines your email deliverability.
- If your bounce rate is high, it is time to verify and update your email list.
9. Proofread Your Email
- Proofread your emails before sending them out.
- Get rid of all typos, spelling mistakes, broken links, non-personalized content, etc.
10. Schedule or Send Your Email
- Find the right time to send out your emails.
- The timing makes all the difference.
- Hence, understand when your target audience is most active on mail and send over the mail then.