If you have been actively practicing email marketing for the past few years, you know it isn’t like the old days. The current generation of email marketing isn’t restricted to a couple of random engagement mails a week.
The prevailing technological landscape has added to the customer’s expectations, and they demand personalization. This is impossible for businesses relying on the outdated “a few emails per week” model.
Consider introducing your email marketing strategy to automation via CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software. By automating a significant chunk of your email marketing strategy, CRM software can boost efficiency and productivity.
This way, you can direct the resources you otherwise waste on mundane email marketing tasks somewhere they can add more value to your organization.
Moreover, with the global email market projected to reach $17.9 billion by 2027, email marketing is never going out of fashion. So, if you haven’t yet, it is time to integrate a CRM for email marketing into your technology stack.
Read on to find out why!
Why Do You Need CRM Software for Email Marketing in 2022?
Before we understand the importance of CRM for email marketing, let’s delve a little deeper into today’s tech-savvy target audience. The onset of the last technological wave has customers expecting a more personalized buyer journey. Moreover, they expect this personalization across all the touchpoints you leverage to interact with them.
So, if you happen still to follow the crude outdated rules of email marketing, time to make the switch. Manually personalizing every single mail isn’t feasible. You need software that analyzes customer information, derives meaningful insights, and leverages these insights to send automated personalized emails to your customers.
Sounds too good to be true? Well, this is the value a reliable CRM software will add to your email marketing strategy. A maximum chunk of your email marketing strategy can now be automated, allowing you to divert your resources somewhere they can add more value.
Furthermore, some other notable advantages of using CRM software to aid your email marketing efforts are as follows.
- Helps you define your marketing prospect much better
- Boosts your sales by displaying the right message to the right customer
- Makes it a lot easier to find new customers
- Automates most of the essential processes.
- Helps you to scrutinize your CRM data and remove all redundancies with the help of data enrichment.
The Top 5 Picks for the Best CRM Software for Email Marketing
A recent statistic states that around 64% of small businesses rely heavily on email marketing. If you want your email marketing tactics to stand out and garner more attention, it is time to integrate CRM software into your current technology stack.
However, with the abundance of options in the market, it can be pretty confusing to choose the right CRM software. Well, fret not! Here are the top picks for some of the best CRM for email marketing software in 2022.
Hubspot is the most feature-rich CRM. Without a doubt, the Hubspot CRM is perfect for companies looking to leverage free CRM software. That is because the free version itself is feature-rich and paves the way for offerings such as reporting analytics, communication channels, contact organization, etc.
Believe it or not, the free version also offers advanced features such as auto-conversational bots, ad content management, etc.
Take a look at some more features offered by Hubspot CRM.
- Comes in-built with automation for follow-up emails
- Quote generation due to the provision of various sales automation features
- Allows you to create the ideal target customer with the buyer persona feature
- Successful implementation of Artificial Intelligence (AI) for data management and sales automation
- Provision of features for blog management to push your SEO efforts forward
#2. Zoho CRM
Zoho CRM is comfortably in contention for the best and most popular CRM software for email marketing. But why? It offers great functionality, starting with integrations across Office 365 and Google Workspace applications.
Once these applications have been integrated, you can easily access all your records from any device with an internet connection.
Zoho CRM is also one of the only software to offer a free plan. Although, this plan is only limited to a maximum of three users.
Some of the top features of Zoho are as follows.
- Allows you to automate the deployment of massive email marketing campaigns
- Comes with email analytics that generates comprehensive reports, including revenue generated through email marketing, click rate, bounce rate, etc.
- Provision of email status monitoring which automates the process of checking if emails have been opened and read
- You can also synchronize all your old contacts and records with your new CRM software
- The provision of Salesinbox makes communication a lot easier by breaking down and displaying all the email communications in the form of a sales pipeline
Freshsales is one of the most user-friendly CRM software, offering customization. Providing its users with drag and drop functionality grants flexibility for the entire email layout and design. Users can take whatever approach they want and execute it with ease.
Although the absence of features such as the quote proposal generator is felt, it is filled by the provision of device optimization features tasked with checking email responsiveness.
Here are some of the other top features offered by FreshSales CRM.
- Offers drag and drop ability to edit your emails
- Leverages AI to determine the perfect time to send emails based on customer behavior (e.g., online form submission)
- Allows you to test device responsiveness on any device you use the software from
- Live built-in communication channel options include WhatsApp, SMS, Apple Business Chat, email, live chat, etc.
Sendinblue happens to be the most affordable and cost-effective CRM of the lot. It essentially offers you all the features offered by some of the top CRMs in the market right now, but for a reasonable price.
Sendinblue drives a considerably hard bargain against the other software on the list by providing a robust and sophisticated email automation engine.
The software also allows you to create personalized workflows to help you boost your company’s operational efficiency and rule out discrepancies in your current workflows.
Moreover, here are some of the top features offered by Sendinblue:
- Provision of a feature to automatically resend emails and marketing campaigns to customers who haven’t opened the mail they received in the first instance. This improves your conversion rate dramatically.
- Comes with send-time optimization, which leverages an algorithm and automatically detects the right time to send emails and newsletters.
- Has over 8 automation blueprints and provides over 40 email templates
One of the most significant advantages of adapting Nimble is its contact information verification feature. It allows you always to view up-to-date, verified, and accurate information. This is all because of the business insights and data-enrichment features.
It imports comprehensive contact information, including contact name, revenue, employees, company information, etc. On top of all this, Nimble is also relatively inexpensive, making it the complete package.
Take a look at some of the other top features offered by the Nimble CRM:
- Provision of a business insights feature that can pull comprehensive and accurate information about any company of your choice
- Provision of customizable email templates
- The Nimble CRM also provides integration for QuickBooks
- Makes the option of 1 on 1 consulting available to users
- Offers new user onboarding.
- Automatic updation of lead contact information when users are browsing the web or using their email
CRM software offers a wide variety of functionality to email marketers. From automation critical email marketing tasks (e.g., drafting emails, replying to support emails, etc.), you can divert your resources elsewhere to use them better.
With CRM for email marketing offering a one-stop solution to all your email marketing woes, you can peacefully sit back and let automation take the helm.
Last but not least, manual error perishes from the equation entirely, adding to the reasons you must adopt CRM software for email marketing now!