In today’s internet age, where customer priorities keep changing frequently, marketers opt for an automation tool to streamline their processes. These tools take care of the priority of the customers and save your time from handling mundane tasks. According to OptinMonster, 80% of people using marketing automation saw an increment in the number of leads, with 71% increasing conversion.
If automation tool is the need of the hour for your small business, but you are unsure how to proceed, fret now. Today, we will learn the basics of marketing automation and some of the top tools for the upliftment of your business.
What is Marketing Automation?
Marketing automation represents the utilization of modern software tools to upgrade and enhance the marketing processes. With the aid of these tools, you can perform the following tasks without any hassle:
- Automate all the repetitive tasks
- Schedule social media posts for different timings
- Execute cross-channel marketing campaigns
- Measure the effectiveness of campaigns
- Quick segment division and personalization
- And many more!
Salesforce’s State of Marketing report reveals the performance of a marketing automation tool for high, moderate, and low-performance firms.
Image Source: Salesforce
Investment in Marketing Automation Tool
Marketing automation is one of the vital trends in today’s businesses. Marketers have already realized its importance, and thereby planning to spend on it for higher benefits.
According to Email Monday, investment in these tools will reach $25.1 billion by 2023. The report from Social Media Today states that 75% of marketers currently use at least one type of marketing automation tools, making automation strategy accepted by most marketers. These numbers indicate the importance of marketing automation tools for small businesses.
Image Source: Social Media Today
Which Is The Best Marketing Automation Tool For Small Business?
You will find a large number of marketing automation tools online; however, some will most probably bring in unnecessary complexity for small businesses. So, to help you out in this area, we have listed five of the best tools for SMBs to automate their mundane tasks.
HubSpot is one of the popular inbound marketing software that enables businesses to perform lead generation through email marketing and offers additional support for the sales department.
Advantages of Using HubSpot Automation:
- Analytics to monitor the customer journey in real-time
- Track the behavior of website visitors
- Follow up with the visitors using personalized emails
- Contact and opt-in popups to obtain new leads
- Easy integration of third-party tools to generate leads
MailChimp offers tools to optimize automation using email marketing campaigns. It is the best ideal solution for businesses with a limited budget, as its free plan consists of all the essential elements for your email marketing needs
Advantages of MailChimp Automation:
- Low-cost plan for startups
- Offers business-enhancing analytical features
- Sends targeted and blast emails
- Mobile app to send and track campaign
- Manage subscribers and generate custom reports
OptinMonster is the finest conversion optimization and lead generation tool for all websites. This most flexible and user-friendly automation tool helps you build opt-in campaigns, and allows you to test and adjust it in real-time.
Advantages of OptinMonster Automation:
- Exit-Intent to convert abandoning visitors into subscribers and customers
- Drag and drop builder to launch your campaign in a few clicks
- Seamless integrations with other tools
- Actionable insights to enhance the performance of the campaign
Marketo is another popular marketing automation platform that helps your small businesses to build end-to-end engagement and form long-lasting relationship with clients.
Advantages of Marketo Automation:
- Includes account-based marketing, email, social media, digital ads, mobile, web, and marketing analytics
- Drives engagement through multiple channels from a single platform
- Cloud-based infrastructure handles millions of activities each day
- Customized solutions for technology, financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, higher education, and media
ActiveCampaign is an easy-to-set-up automation software, which has streamlined its product line to a SaaS platform, in order to help marketers send fewer emails while reaping good results.
Advantages of ActiveCampaign Automation:
- Customize messages to convert visitors into customers and promoters
- The multichannel view gives glimpses of small business websites while considering user’s email and mobile devices
- Enables automation of your contacts, Deals in the CRM system, and list management
Now it’s Your Turn
Now we know that the marketing automation tool helps your small business in various ways. So, no matter what you are looking to automate, the tools mentioned above will provide you with precise solutions. It will save your time, ensure smooth workflow, and improves efficiency. It gives you the ability to serve the customer better.
Robert Duke is a Marketing Manager and Spokesperson of Blue Mail Media.