- November 19, 2019
- Posted by: Robert Duke
- Category: Email Marketing, infographics
As a marketer, you should not miss the sales opportunities on holiday season. These days are the best time to refine your efforts and ramp up sales with promotional ideas. If you haven’t planned this day yet, you’re already behind. There’s a lot you have to prepare for.
This Infographic will reinforce the importance of holiday marketing. Study the patterns of success mentioned here to clearly understand how it works. We have also listed some of the tried-and-tested strategies on how to build your business for the rest of the days so that the audience can discover you during this season.
So, why wait? There’s no better time than now. Prepare early to cut the last-minute rush and set yourself up for success!
2018 was the best holiday season in recent years
- Total retail spending was $998.32 billion
- Shoppers spent $122.0 billion with online retailers
- Direct site traffic brought online sales at 27.2 percent share
Best Days for Holiday Sales Conversion
- Cyber Monday
-$7.9 billion in revenue
-55.6% increase YoY
- Black Friday
-$6.2 billion in revenue
-6% increase YoY
-$3.7 billion in revenue
-9% increase YoY
(Online users encountered out-of-stock message because of highest demand)
- Thanksgiving – 3.3%
- Black Friday – 2.8%
- Cyber Monday – 2.4%
Big Winners of 2018
- Best Buy
**It’s clear why marketers must not ignore Holiday Season**
Time to Chant the Divine Holiday Marketing Mantra in 2019
Holiday Season Estimates for 2019
- -Rate of growth – 15% YoY
- -Total sales – $768B
That’s a huge increase this year!
So, Rush To Invest in these Trends Now
- Practice Email marketing: In 2018, businesses who sent out relevant Black Friday campaigns saw an average open rate of more than 20%.
- Don’t Forget Mobile Campaigns: Last year, mobile devices accounted for 40% of overall online sales.
- Prioritize In-Store Experience: Almost 47% of holiday shoppers go to stores to gain ideas and inspiration on what to buy.
- Come up with Promotional Offers: 95% of the audience thinks price discounts are the most appealing promotional offers.
- Try Giving Free Shipping: 47% of online buyers say free shipping was an important factor during the holiday season.
Are you ready for the holidays?
- Digital Commerce 360
- National Retail Federation
- Deloitte Insights
- McKinsey & Company
- Adobe Analytics