- October 18, 2021
- Posted by: Robert Duke
- Category: infographics
Email marketing is a mainstay in the world of B2B marketing. Many marketers wrongly predicted that it would be obsolete very soon, but here it is – stronger than ever in 2021! But just like every other marketing platform, it keeps evolving, and new trends, technology, and tactics replace the older ones.
That’s why it’s critical that your business stays up to date with new developments in the B2B email marketing landscape and modifies its strategies accordingly. A great way to stay updated on the latest developments is to keep an eye on the latest statistics and trends.
To make it easier for you, we’ve compiled the key statistics and trends in our infographic to help you fine-tune your B2B email marketing campaigns.
Why is Email Marketing the Holy Grail of B2B Marketing?
- 40% of B2B marketers consider email marketing paramount to their success.
- The ROI on email marketing can go as high as $42 for every dollar you spend.
- 81% of small and medium businesses rely on email marketing for customer acquisition.
- The average B2B email open rate is 24.82%.
- Email marketing converts higher than other channels of marketing.
“Email has an ability many channels don’t: creating valuable, personal touches—at scale.” – David Newman.
How are B2B Businesses Leveraging Email Marketing in 2021?
- 87% of marketers use it for content distribution.
- 85% of marketers use it for lead generation.
- 78% of marketers leverage it for lead nurturing and.
- 59% use it for revenue generation.
- 74% for customer retention
- 73% of senior-level marketers use it as an important touchpoint along the entire customer journey.
Email Marketing Top Trends To Amplify Your Email Campaign Success
Personalization Works Wonders!
- Personalized emails deliver 6x higher transaction rates.
- Non-personalized content generates 83% lower response rates.
- 82% of marketers witnessed a considerable increase in open rates with personalization.
Email Segmentation Sets The Tone Right For Email Campaigns.
- With segmentation, marketers witness a whopping 760% increase in revenue.
- Segmentation is used by close to 30% of marketers to boost email engagement.
Quality Of Email Subject Lines Decide The Fate Of Your Emails
- 69% of emails get reported as spam due to subject lines.
- 64% of people open emails based on subject lines.
- Personalized subject lines have a 22.2% more likelihood of being opened.
- Subject lines with emojis have a 56% higher open rate.
- Interactive subject lines have a 70% higher open rate.
Email Marketing Automation Makes a Big Difference To Campaigns
- Close to 51% of businesses are using email automation.
- Automated marketing results in 8 times higher open rates.
- The average open rate for automated campaigns is 46%, and CTR is 11%.
Interactive Email Trend is Leading The List
- Interactive emails increase the click-to-open rate by 73%.
- 91% of B2B buyers prefer to engage with interactive content.
- Interactive content leads to 2x more conversion.
Visual Content Jazzes Up The Campaigns
- Adding videos to emails increases clicks by 300%.
- 68% of millennials like to see emojis in their emails.
- Emails with some type of visual content have a higher open rate of 27%.
- 51% of marketers believe that video content generates the best CTR.
- 84% of marketers find videos useful for generating leads.
“Emails may be cost efficient but it’s no excuse to not produce quality content to give to a targeted audience.” – Benjamin Murray
Mobile Optimization Is The Present And Future Of Email Marketing
- 81% of people check their emails on smartphones.
- If an email is not mobile optimized, it is likely to be deleted within 3s.
- 73% of companies are optimizing their email campaigns for mobile devices.
“I want to do a business with a company that treats emailing me as a privilege, not a transaction.” – Andrea Mignolo.
Source: Hubspot, Demandgenreport, Myemma, JeffBullas, Optinmonster, Contentmarketinginstitute, DMA.org, Salesforce, Invespcro, Experian