If you are a B2B marketer, you might have sent various promotional emails till date. Out of which, some might have compelled your audience to try out the offers mentioned in it. Whereas, a few others might have directly entered the spam folder. Compiling a promotional email is no more a piece of cake for marketers. They must follow various strategies to build trust in the minds of the consumer and make them interested in your product at first sight.
What is a Promotional Email?
Promotional emails are the messages which the marketers send to their target audience to make a conversion or complete the purchase. The most effective messages push the recipient to buy or sign-up for your event and thereby increases your conversion rate. But how to create such promotional emails that drive more sales? One need to optimize the email before hitting a send button.
The contents in your email should speak positively about your brand as well as value. It should help in creating a long-lasting relationship with the recipient. It is not the end. There are various such strategies every marketer should keep in mind while compiling the promotional emails. We picked five such practical tips that guarantee a fruitful result. Read further to learn more about it and how to implement them in your marketing mix.
Tips to optimize Your Promotional Email
1. Think Beyond Discount
Yes! You must always think out of the box when it comes to promotional email. Do not annoy your audiences with discount emails which indirectly speaks or boosts about the company values. Instead, offer any valuable product for the customers that will help them in their day-to-day activities. Be it a small product or a bigger one with a high price, make sure the product is capable of creating a permanent imprint on their brain.
For instance, you can provide some customized product for your female customers or organize some cultural events that rejuvenate the spirit of your consumers. It might consume an extra effort from your end when compared to composing 50% off messages, but the result will surely make you smile.
2. Personalize Your Offers
You cannot send the same promotional email to everyone. All your customers have different interests, and if you follow the old strategies, your messages will get clustered in the recipient’s spam folder. If you want to avoid such problems, it is always the best practice to run a personalized offer for your customers. You can do so by following two steps:
– Segment Your Users: Firstly, you must segment the users based on different factors. That is, you can segregate the data by collecting their personal information, behavioral and purchase pattern as well as their preferences or interests.
– Segment Your Messages: Once you segment the data, it’s time to send the personalized messages to them. Do not confuse or annoy your customers by sending inappropriate emails. That is, send only electronic product related promotional emails to the customers who purchased such products from you or technological tools related emails to the consumers who showed interests in such products.
3. Don’t Go with The Same Old Format
Try to experiment with new formats in your promotional email. Always don’t use the plain text or an email filled with images. Use various other forms in your messages such as-
– Use videos or GIFs in your email to give some movement to your content.
– You can also use one or two pleasing images that do not disturb your B2B audience.
– Sometimes, you can use the plain text conveying the message and one or no pictures similar to the personalized emails which we use on a daily basis. Most of the B2B prospects prefer this simple format.
4. Always Use Compelling Subject Line
Subject line always plays a crucial role in promotional emails. Since it is the first thing that any receiver views, it should be a very compelling one and create a sense of emergency to open in the minds of the receiver. The quality of these texts directly impacts the success of your marketing campaign. There are various things you must take into consideration while crafting an intriguing subject line. Here are a few of them:
– Customize the subject line by specifying the customer’s name in every promotional email. It will increase the tendency to open the email.
– Know your customer’s problem and highlight the solution to it in the subject line. This strategy will lead to more open rates.
– If you are offering discounts in your email, highlight it undeniably and irresistible.
– You can use symbols or emojis in your subject line once in a while to drive the attention of the recipient.
But always make sure your subject line is crisp and short with not more than 50 characters.
5. Be Clear with Your CTA
The call-to-action (CTA) button is one of the significant elements to measure the success of your promotional campaigns. Since it is crucial to include it within your email, you must always follow specific rules before stuffing it everywhere in your email body. The rules are:
– CTA should be clear, visible, and simple to understand to the reader.
– You must place it in an appropriate position such as in the front or in between, so the users can quickly click the button without having to search for it.
– Make sure you place at least three CTA throughout your promotional email.
– It is always advisable to use the HTML button instead of an image because most of the browsers or the users might have blocked automatic download and your effort might go wasted.
Now it’s over to you to decide how you will utilize these strategies in your business to bring a positive change in sales figure. Try to integrate all of them in your marketing mix to reap maximum benefit out of it. Lastly, when it comes to promotional emails, always remember to follow the rule – “Less is More.” It will help you to progress in your marketing journey and save you from reputation issues.
Robert Duke is a Marketing Manager and Spokesperson of Blue Mail Media.