- June 26, 2015
- Posted by: Robert Duke
- Category: Business, Marketing, Social Media
In-order to achieve success in today’s competitive business world, one should definitely know the right tactics of networking, because without networking you will not get proper exposure. Moreover, through networking you can connect with the right people who has the same passion that of yours. Remember, that proper networking is an art which can be carried on by listening and connecting with the individuals whom you think can help you in turn. So, if you are attending networking events to gain referrals for jobs, opportunities to grow your business, Etc., then it is always advisable for you to follow the right method to network, otherwise you are sure to get disappointment.
With Inputs from professional experts, we have listed below few, tips that can guide you to network properly.
- Reach early and leave late: By arriving early you can have enough time to easily analyze everything and work out accordingly. Moreover, you must keep no stone unturned to utilize every moment you spend for networking and try to build genuine relationships with individuals who share the same passion as that of yours. The longer you spend during the networking event the more you can communicate your passions. Simultaneously, try to give more than you get to the people with whom you network.
- Be Prepared: It’s always advisable to come prepared for the networking event, because in an initial business meet, you need to hand over your business card to the person whom you are talking with. People generally exchange their business cards during networking events so if you fail to hand over your business cards to the professionals whom you meet, you are sure to face embarrassment. So, try to avoid looking unprofessional and come prepared with all the necessary questions and answers you think are required for the event.
- Come with a Co-worker or an acquaintance: If you are a shy person then it is always advisable for you to bring a companion or an associate who can boost your confidence and can help you to start the conversation with others. However, you must not stick to each other through the entire event.
- Try to listen carefully: By carefully listening to others you can understand the needs of others and think of solutions that you can provide them in turn. Moreover, if you help others with your solutions they will also want to help you back.
Robert Duke is a Marketing Manager and Spokesperson of Blue Mail Media.