- November 20, 2018
- Posted by: Robert Duke
- Category: Articles
The struggle is real when it comes to B2B content marketing. You cannot just “Publish and Pray” for some miracle to happen in marketing. If you are lucky enough, this mantra might work once. But you cannot expect the same to recur next time. So, eliminate such thoughts and focus on something that genuinely works in this competitive world. This article shows you how you can create the contents that convert. It lists seven such proven strategies that assure you consistent outcome every time.
1. Solve the Problem
Do you know your customers and their problems? If your answer is yes, then worry not! You are already halfway through. Otherwise, you need to spend some time researching your audience to know their pain points. Make a list of the problems your customers face and come up with the contents that can resolve their issue. For instance, if your audience face a challenge regarding lead generation. You can create the materials something similar to this:
Most of the B2B customers buy your products only if it solves their problem. Hence you must take this advice seriously before scribbling your content. But how to implement this strategy if you have a large customer base? For that, you need to:
- Identify whether the problem is familiar to most of your customers.
- Measure how big is their problem.
- Determine whether it’s important to write on it. That is, whether your customers like to read a blog or content about that particular topic.
- If your answer is yes to the statement given above, plot the materials that can help you in conversion.
- Find the relevant keywords and optimize the content for SEO.
- Now you are ready to go!
2. Relevant to Customer’s Journey
In most of the cases, the B2B marketers create the contents that help to generate more traffic to their page and thereby improves the conversion rate. This strategy might help you to get leads, but to grow real or quality leads, you may have to work further. You have to understand the customer’s buying journey and proceed with your contents accordingly. That is, instead of simple materials or blogs, try to include some researched writings on your website. It will draw the attention of B2B buyers and make them want to learn more about your product or brand.
For this to happen, you may have to work along with the sales team since they know what your customer needs and what made them buy your product. According to the research conducted by DemandGen, here are top nine contents that play a vital role in B2B customer’s buying journey:
- White Papers – 82%
- Webinars – 78%
- Case Studies – 73%
- eBooks – 67%
- Blog Posts – 66%
- Infographics – 66%
- Third-Party or Analyst Reports – 62%
- Video or Motion Graphics – 47%
- Interactive Presentations – 36%
Now, you know what type of contents will help your customers buying process. Use proper headline and buyer friendly language while creating this type of materials. Use at least a few of them in your content marketing strategies if you wish to have quality leads for your business.
3. Follow Helpful Format
Only writing the quality content is not sufficient to draw the attention of your prospects. You must also format your content so that it is easy to process and read.
Source: Orbit Media
Since most of the visitors do not read your blog or an article entirely, you must make sure your contents are immediately actionable. According to a survey conducted by Sumo, the average visitor will read only 25% of your content. So, come up with the materials that urge your website visitors to read further. You can see the format of most-shared contents online and implement the same in your site. For social media shares, you can use infographic since it has a higher number of views compared to other formats.
4. Include Visuals Accordingly
Now it’s time to add pleasing images to your contents. The visual materials are more effective than any plain texts since you can communicate your message quickly through them. Also, various research reports have already stated that documents with images help to get a large number of views. But which picture should you use? You cannot randomly stuff irrelevant ones into your article because the type of image you use matters a lot for conversion.
Although website visitors do not spend the time to read your article thoroughly, they will surely go through the images you included in it. Also, they will be able to recall the pictures more than the words scribbled in the article. Hence use the high-quality photos that reflect your contents as well as influence the customers to buy your product or service. Besides, it is not always necessary to only include pictures in your blog or articles; you can also use graphs, data charts, videos, memes, infographics, and other formats based on your audience type.
5. Utilize Content Tools
It may require extra time than expected to create the contents that convert. But do not worry if you are running low on time. There are various content tools and services online that help your work get done quickly and easily. These tools will not only help you to write better but also saves plenty of time. Hence, we recommend you to use at least a few of them in your content marketing journey.
Here are a few tools that help you get started:
- Grammarly: You can use this tool to write better with no grammatical errors.
- Coschedule Headline Analyzer: This free tool is used to analyze your heading and gives a number grade. Also, it helps you improvise the headline.
- Google Analytics: With this tool, you can track your traffic as well as get a customized report for click-through and different conversion metrics.
- Readability Test Tool: You can use this tool to identify the complexity of your sentence.
- Hemingway App: Using this app, you can quickly evaluate your sentence structure and make some changes accordingly.
- Canva: This tool lets you quickly create images for your articles, blogs, social media promotion, and other purposes.
6. Offer Content Upgrades
The content upgrade which is also known as the lead magnet is one of the common strategies used by B2B marketers for the conversion process. By using this method, you give your buyers a chance to participate or communicate with your brand. That is, it acts as a next step for the website visitors to engage with your company. You can do so, by including a link to a specific landing page or a common contact us form. The content upgrades can be included inside your blog or in the way of pop-up windows. Some studies have also proved that lead magnet strategies help to increase the conversion rate drastically.
Other uses of content upgrades:
- You can have a genuine interaction with your clients
- You can quickly build your email list
- Easily customize the offers for the website visitors
- Know your customers better
- Improve conversion rate quickly
- It is a Cost-effective marketing strategy
- Builds trust in the minds of the customer
7. Promote Your Content
It forms the final step of content creation. You may write high-quality content with pleasing images and graphics in it, but will it convert if you do not promote it externally? No! Hence you should not sit behind after uploading your content to the website. You must invest some extra time pushing it in various marketing channels. Driving traffic to your blog or an article should be of higher priority in this stage. Let us see how you can do this:
- Use social media to promote your content to a large number of audiences. Allocate some budget for ads and distribute your materials everywhere.
- If you have mentioned some companies or influencers in your blog or an article, let them know about it. You can find their emails and contact them directly. It will help you to drive more traffic to your page and thereby increases the conversion.
- You can syndicate your content by contacting other blogs or publications who write the materials similar to you.
In real life, you might be a confident person who can quickly impress the customers and win their trust. But, when it comes to online marketing strategies, your only tool is “content.” The words you write, the images and buttons you include does marketing job for you. Hence you must pay more attention to contents which cannot only gain your customer’s trust but also help you in conversion. Follow the strategies mentioned in this write-up and create a difference in your marketing journey.